Louisville Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whispers Justly home--coyote pack

3 posters

Go down

Whispers Justly home--coyote pack Empty Whispers Justly home--coyote pack

Post  mars_hackworth Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Whispers takes a bubbling casserole out of the oven, salivating at the delicious smell of her hard work. The coffee pot clicks on, signaling that her earlier fiddling with it actually did some good for the timer setting. She begins setting out place mats, stacking clean plates and silverware on the counter. Everything in sets of three.

A wave of goosebumps runs over her back. It feels nice to have a home, and trusted friends to share it with. Speaking of which, she thinks to herself, they ought to be making their ways here soon. Hope everything gets done at the same time...

She goes back to her fried chicken and pokes it a little, testing its progress.

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Whispers Justly home--coyote pack Empty Re: Whispers Justly home--coyote pack

Post  Happy Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:54 pm

From outside the sound of Liam's truck can be heard.  He walks in and the smells quickly overtake him.  He walks to the kitchen and grabs the plates and such and starts setting the table.

"Hello there Whispers it's good to see you, dinner smells great."  He grabs a bottle of Jameson out of his bag and pours three glasses, and sets them at the table.  "We have much to discuss tonight."
Happy
Happy

http://www.myspace.com/navaldrummerboy

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:00 pm

She quirks an eyebrow at him. "Do we now?" Gently shaking her tongs and laying freshly fried legs and breasts on a plate stacked with paper towels, Whispers glances at him over her shoulder. "Well as long as you brought back some of that liquid gold we shouldn't have a hard time getting into a talking mood."
She covers the platter of chicken and starts a new batch in the hot oil. 

"Wanna give me any hints? Should I be prepared for bad news or good?" she asks, not really expecting him to spill the beans without a little suspense and the arrival of their Omega.

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Liam smiles as he hands her glass to her.  He raises his glass to her.  "In time...we need to wait on Alli to get here."  He takes a drink and fills his glass back up.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:12 pm

With timing most appropriate, the door can be heard opening and closing again, and Alli steps into the kitchen, nose in the air and a smile on her face. "That smells like I'm glad I didn't eat after work today. Afternoon Whispers, Liam," she says as she hangs her backpack over the back of a chair and joins Whispers at the stove. "Need any help?"

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Liam grabs another glass and fills it with whiskey before handing it to Alli.  "Hello there, have a drink.  We have much to discuss tonight, but we shall wait until this epic feast is done."

He finishes setting the table and lights a few candles.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Whispers beams at Alli's greetings and shakes her head at the offer of help. Mental checklist with tick marks everywhere. She steps back and takes her glass from the counter, drinking with Alli until it is about half gone. Setting her drink down again, she claps her hands together, "Alright, I think everything is ready! Here," gesturing around to the foods as she goes, "is chicken, a second platter in case we're starving beasts, mashed potatoes, gravy (she sticks her finger in and licks it clean before moving on), green bean casserole and fresh coffee, real cream and..."
She trails off, brow furrowed. "Oh I guess that's everything. Alpha's go first then."
Whispers sits in her usual chair, throws one arm over the back and leans far enough to take in both pack mates. She smirks at something, nothing.

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Liam brings the food to the table and waits for the other two to sit down.  He serves Whispers the Alli before serving himself. 

"So, we have a lot to discuss tonight."  He fills everyone's glass before raising his.  "To the coyote pack, to friendship, to family."
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Alli raises a brow at the candles, but smirks and says nothing as she begins to drink with her pack mates. A warm feeling floods her that has nothing to do with alcohol. Pack mates. She was in a pack. They were small, and to be honest, she didn't know much about them, but she had no doubts that each of them would defend the other to the last. 

Dinner was done a bit later. Alli helped carry food to the table before sitting down in her own chair. She raised her glass with theirs, the clink of glass sounding particularly satisfying. "To Home, in all of its forms."

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  mars_hackworth Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:12 pm

"To coyote!" Whispers calls out. She throws her head back and finishes her drink in one huge gulp, holding it up in time to clink glasses and then got a refill. "To home!"

She sipped more carefully this time and dug into her crispy drumstick. "So uh, Liam," Whispers glances at him across the table, "we gonna carry the suspense all the way through dessert, or do we get in on your agenda soon?"

mars_hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Liam drinks the rest of his glass, before pouring another. 

"Well the thing is, I have recently accepted position as a Cairn Warder.  This is a great honor and something I have been thinking about for a long time now.  That being said I will have to stay at the Cairn most of my time which means I will not be able to carry out my duties as your alpha.  I will stay in the pack of course, but one of you will need to step up as alpha.  The question is which one of you..."

He takes a second and drinks more as he looks to Whispers and then to Alli for a responce.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Alli digs in almost immediately, taking a big bite of casserole and washing it down with her drink. He poured a bit more and mixed it with a thick red liquid in a bottle she poured from her backpack. She took a test sip, approved, and put the bottle away. That was about the time Liam announced his news. 

Stepping down? She looked at him sadly. It wouldn't feel quite the same without him around as much.  He said he'd still be a part of the pack, an he'd be in the bawn and cairn, but it would be strange to not see her dread-headed, smiling friend as alpha. Her thoughts switched tracks there. Alpha. The position was open for her and Whispers. One of them at least. Could she handle that? Talking with Carry the other day had helped her gain confidence in herself, both as a Garou and with her part in the sept, but this was a different ball game. The thought was...intimidating. Despite that, she took a large gulp of her drink and then met Liam's eyes. "I'm willing to step up as Alpha, if you, Whispers, and Coyote see me as fit to fill the position."

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  Nox Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:28 pm

((Thread got picked up as a light Larp session between the three of us, this is the outline and wrap-up.))

Both of them, Alli and Whispers, stepped up to state that they would be willing to fill the role of Alpha. Liam, in turn, presented them a scenario: Your kinfolk have been taken by Black Spiral Dancers. What do you do? Each of them gave their strategies, their answers. In the end, it was left to Alli and Camille to decide on their own. So while Liam cleaned up from dinner, Alli and Camille went to the bak porch, drinks in tow, and talked it out. They presented pros and cons, spoke of why they would each make a good leader. In the end, they decided that Alli would take the position of Alpha and Camille would take Beta.

A little while later, after drinks and fun had been had, Alli walked into her room, tossed down her bag, and sat down in the big bean bag chair in the corner. The alcohol made a warm buzz radiate through her, an her vision was beginning to get...swimmy. She smiled, looking up at her ceiling, now blank and white but would become the night sky when the lights were off. She was an alpha of a pack. In the long run, she wasn't sure how big a difference it would make...no, no that wasn't right. Confidence. She needed to be more confident. She was only a Claith, but she was an alpha of a pack. In that moment she felt amazing, and not just because of the alcohol.

Nox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down