Louisville Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapon traits

2 posters

Go down

Should weapon traits apply to initiative?

Weapon traits Vote_lcap33%Weapon traits Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Weapon traits Empty Weapon traits

Post  Mr Speaks Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 am

Alright, here's something important. In the book it says, and I quote 'Certain weapons and powerrs grant a character bonus Traits during a challenge. You may add these extra traits towards a character's total when dtermining a tie involving that weapon or special ability.'

My call and belief is that, those traits gained by said weapon, do not count towards initiative. Because it doesn't really matter how good your sword is, your not going to realize combat is happening any quicker.

So thus, when combat breaks out, and everyone is attacking physically. You'd determine the order the characters act in, by how many physical traits they have. At this stage, bonus's given by equipment, and weapons, do not add in.

This is controversial since it goes against how we've been playing for a while. But at the start of this game I declared that this was going to be a by-the-books game. Minimal house rulings and no sliding, so I call for this vote.

Voters should know that this vote will heavily impact Darien, as his weapons give him a ridiculous bonus to his traits. Removing that, would actually allow others to catch up in the initiative order.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Weapon traits Empty Re: Weapon traits

Post  DerekCase Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:25 am

The reason we say weapons give bonuses for initiative is reach by the way. Matt and I put a lot of thought into that. The more important question that you left out is it said for a tie, then would those weapons traits apply when overbidding.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:11 am

I think no. They are for comparing traits in a tie. Overbidding is to supposed to represent raw power.

And yea, reach is fine and all, but with reach comes weight. Which is why a 2 handed sword isn't better then a knife. Well, I mean in MET it technically is, since it's unbalanced but IRL it's not.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:30 am

actually no, weight is factored in in the rules. Knives and shortswords have the quick trait which can be called against any weapon with the slow trait by an experience enough user (player) and get an automatic go first.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Nod, either way. It was established at the start, with your approval. That this game would be by that books. Hence the need for this poll.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DerekCase Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:27 pm

that's fine by me as long as it affects all players and characters.
DerekCase
DerekCase
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down