Louisville Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Birdie Once Told Me...

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Little Birdie Once Told Me... Empty A Little Birdie Once Told Me...

Post  DarkWanderer Wed May 15, 2013 1:04 am

It was high noon in the Metro Louisville area and the sounds of the city were abuzz with full activity of the normal human civilization that dwelled within. However, unnonticed in the skies above another form of activity was present; Corax spying.
For three days "The Wanderer" sored above the area, searching for any trace of a lingering Garou caren that was supposedly wiped out a year ago. On the first day of his search he discovered Edith "Fisthammer" had faulty information. In a small sectioned off piece of forested land he found many more Garou than even he expected. And the numbers were growing.
He watched them for two full days before he decided to make himself known and even then he half expected to have been spotted on day one, much less the two days he stalked them. Either way he had a job to do here and he was expected (even if only by Raven himself) to finish it.

It was dusk by the time Arcos reached the park by foot and as the remaining beams of sunlight priced through the skyscrapers he gave a silent nod of respect to Helios, knowing full well that Luna's time was fast approaching. Not to mention that the werewolves here were all influenced by her and had the potential to lose their control if the phase of the moon was correct.
Shaking away his doubt the Corax drew near the gate, grabbing the bars and pulling himself closer to peer through. He knew better than to just fly over the gate, unannounced, a stranger to a group who may or may not be dangerous to him (especially if they were anything like the "Fisthammer" that was still waiting for his return).

"Hello?" He called out. He had much to explain and much more to ask about and had nobody to talk to yet. "I know someone out there can hear me. I need to talk to you. Very important stuff."

DarkWanderer

https://fortuneslanding.rpg-board.net/u30contact

Back to top Go down

A Little Birdie Once Told Me... Empty Re: A Little Birdie Once Told Me...

Post  Mr Speaks Wed May 15, 2013 11:07 am

"Someone can indeed probably hear you, but who says anyone wants to hear you?" Shouts down a previously unnoticed cocoa skinned female from a tree nearby.

"Rather presumptuous wouldn't you think?"
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWanderer Wed May 15, 2013 11:41 am

The coal haired corax smirked to himself in amusement, his eyes darting to and fro searching for the one who answered his call.

"Presumptuous? Well sure, I presume many things and those many things that I make presumptions about are typically spot on." He paused, bobbing his head slightly as his dark eyes, perfected for picking out details in his surroundings, scanned the treeline.

"She must be somewhere out there..." He murmured just before clearing his voice to call out again, "So, am I presumptuous for coming out here to find you? Maybe. Was I presumptuous in thinking you would want to listen to one such as I once I found you? One-hundred percent, but the issue here is not figuring out if I am presumptuous or not. No, no, no. The issue here is my job... All our jobs actually, and I'm not leaving until I've finished my job here."

His eyes stopped moving, pinned on the location of the source of his distraction. "So do me a favor and let the others know I'm here. I need to talk to everyone. Everyone. Got that? Important stuff. Please don't make me repeat my self..."

He grinned at his last comment. "For your own sake." He added.

DarkWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Wed May 15, 2013 11:51 am

She laughs, "yea. Let me just go gather to bunnies and birds and let them know a little boy wants to talk to them."

She leans on the branch and continues her nap, very unconcerned of the unidentified newcomer.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Wed May 15, 2013 11:53 am

( character - https://fortuneslanding.rpg-board.net/t29-teela-walks-the-night-sky-marked-r likely just as scantily clothed, but high enough in the tree and hidden enough to only barely notice with effort)
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWanderer Wed May 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Arcos backed away from the fence and crossed his arms. "Fine, have it your way. Here I was being polite, asking permission to enter so one of you doesn't break my bones like Edith always threatens, but I guess I'll just have to break in. I can just fly over the fence like I wanted to in the first place."

"Y'know, I don't know why I bother with your kind. So brooding. So ignorant. Here you have one of the best, of the best, of the best information gathers at your gate and all you can offer to do is gather rabbits and birds for my trouble?"

"Is that some kind of corax joke? Not funny, and I know funny. Now I want to talk to the one in charge here. Maybe when he shows up you can stop wasting my time and energy so I can report back to "Fisthammer" that you guys are still alive."

DarkWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Wed May 15, 2013 12:48 pm

She sits up again, "perhaps you've lost all respect and dignity, or maybe just your brains. But you don't come to a special place and demand to be let in without an introduction kid. From your attitude I can only assume you just left your nest. Using the word Corax openly, pathetic. So you can tell me what you want them to know. Or you can tell no one. You cross that fence without some respect and I'll bring you down and eat you."

She leans back, "personally I've never liked your kind, arrogant pricks. You think you're the best thing Gaia ever put out. Well let me tell you something, the wolves think their Silent Striders are better messengers, they after all have the Wheel of Ptah. And I personally think my people are better with the Umbra. And the cats are by far better are learning things. So think twice before you talk of accomplishments you haven't made."

Her own talking is clearly making her more angry, "Aren't you even aware where you are? This is Fortune's Landing prick. This is home of Pheonix Fire, favored of Helios. Know her? You should, she's the youngest (insert Corax term for rank 4) that your kind have ever had. And you just insulted all of her loved ones. How bout I call her and let her discipline you for your lack of respect and wasting her time and bringing her away from more important duties."
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWanderer Wed May 15, 2013 1:44 pm

The condescending smirk on the face of Arcos remained as he began to think up a slew of retorts for this woman to hear, for he had many negative things to say about the Garou nation (and the "cats". He had a few things to say about them too)... Up until the point she mentioned Phoenix Fire and his mouth nearly dropped to the ground. Of course he wasn't aware this was her home. Somehow, Edith left out some of the most important details when he railed her with questions just a few months ago. Now his blood ran cold with the thoughts of what Phoenix Fire would do to him for disrespecting her friends.

His hand flew up to show he backing down, thinking of a way to correct the way he was behaving. He wasn't even aware that things he said in jest could offend others so much. He should have known, though. His mouth often got him into trouble with the other changing breeds.

"I apologize," he began, taking another step away from the fence, "I'm being rude to you and I'm sorry. You don't have to tell anyone about this- I'll even make it up to you somehow."

"It wasn't my intention to offend you, we just got to talking and I forgot my manners and in my own defense you were the one who started it... But this is your home, not mine, you can insult me all you like just don't eat me. Please."

"I was joking about flying over the fence. Joking! I'm not stupid enough to actually try something like that. I thought it was funny. But I guess it wasn't...So let's just start over, can we?"

He cleared his throat as he prepared his introduction, regaining his composure before his lips parted to speak once more. "My name is Arcos Adler. Most Garou know me as "The Wanderer" but I've also been called "Two Left Wings". I have come here on behalf of Edith "Fisthammer" Craft to search for the remnants of the caren she once belonged to. She doesn't even know you still live. She thought everyone died fighting because she couldn't locate anyone after the battle that took place here."

"I only wanted to enter this sacred place so I could discover for myself who were still alive and who had perished. For Edith. My employer. So I humbly ask permission to enter. You and I both know that I pose zero threat to you or your kin."

DarkWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 am

The girl stands and then leaps through the air about twenty feet to the ground in front of the Corax. Still bare-skinned she stands tall and proud, a sight of cold indignation.

"When you offend one who is several ranks higher then you, you placate yourself in front of them. Not return passive-aggressive remarks. If only I had authority over you, I would tear you in half at this fountain."

She waits a moment before extending her arm slightly, "well? What are you waiting for, are you dumb? Speak what else you to say, if I feel it's rewarding, then i'll answer your questions. How do you know Edith? Where is she?"
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWanderer Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 pm

He tensed up a little bit as he watched her move through the air ever so closer to him, and he had to resist the urge to flinch away from her. He had offended many people, especially other changing breeds, but none ever reacted so hostile before. They were always smart enough to know he wasn't serious.

"Is there still time for placation? I said I was sorry. Would you like me to explain myself? How was I to know you weren't some troublemaking kid in a tree? You never introduced yourself, mind you. You didn't even show yourself to me. Even now, with you right before me I still don't know who you are. Or rank. Or breed. Or what phase of the moon drives you crazy the most. So again, I apologize for what ever I said that upset you. Trust me, if I'd known you were someone who was actually important to this group I would have presented myself a little better."

"Now then..." He paused to take a breath, recalling any more information that would be important at the moment. "Edith and I met in Germany about seven months ago. She was there to attend the funeral of her grandfather, "Strikes like Lightning". He was a wise old Garou. I actually had the chance to speak with him before he passed."

"And that's when I met Edith. She stuck out like a sore thumb because she couldn't speak a lick of German. I did my best to help her out during that time... But that story can wait. Currently she awaits my return for any word on this place. I think she still half-expects this place to be still overrun with creatures of the Wyrm. She is only a few miles away, at the... Marriott. The one by the airport."

DarkWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Thu May 16, 2013 12:55 pm

"You would have known all about me had been respectful about your protocol. Which your kind prides themselves in knowing."

"Come, I'm going to take you to someone."

She walks to the gate and produces a key from only gaia knows where. She unlocks the gate and waves him through.

(she will seek out anyone of rank 3 or higher, alpha, devon, carry.)
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWanderer Thu May 16, 2013 1:16 pm

"Yes, Ma'am," he responded when she told him to come. He wasn't going to pass up his invitation. "I am aware many of our kind pride themselves at knowing how to deal with the protocol of others, but I never had anyone actually teach me any if that. Fledges are always on their own. We have to learn it all ourselves."

He followed after her quickly and even began to smile at the woman despite the earlier distaste for each other. "Thank you," he said, "I still have a lot to learn about your kind but you've already taught me much. I won't be making that same mistake again."

DarkWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Thu May 16, 2013 2:33 pm

She snorts, "yes. A bit to learn indeed."

e leads him further in, paying close attention to the surroundings.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse Thu May 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Carry can be found by big rock, sitting and playing her guitar.

Mouse
Nine Toes

https://fortuneslanding.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Thu May 16, 2013 2:40 pm

(Teela in homid nekkid. New guy following)

Teela approaches Carry and coughs softly to make her presence known.
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse Thu May 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Carry looks up at Teela, still picking at the strings idly, and she nods. "Hello Teela. How are you doing today?" she says, putting her guitar down and standing up. She then looks over to Arcos and narrows her eyes slightly. "Who is this?"

Mouse
Nine Toes

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWanderer Thu May 16, 2013 2:58 pm

The new arrival follows closely behind, his eyes darting around to take in the new scenery. It was a nice change from the city streets. His attention was soon consumed by Carry and the sound of her guitar. Mostly by the sound of her guitar. He was suddenly filled with the desire to hold and examine it, but he knew better than to try right now.

As Carry spoke he watched her carefully, only shifting his gaze to Teela as if to ask permission to speak. "Should I introduce myself?" He asked, looking back at Carry with the same expression he gave Teela. Having gotten to a bad start, he was going to be on his best behavior.

DarkWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Thu May 16, 2013 3:02 pm

"No idea, the prick has yet to tell me. Came up and demanded entry. Demanded that I fetch everyone for him, or else I'd be sorry. Suggested that if he were turned away, then he'd break in."

She puts a hand on the kids shoulder and pushes him forward slightly.

"Then he mentions Edith. Says he found her, that he has her at the Marriot by the airport. Claims she asked him to come here and see if we were alive," She frowns, "I don't trust it, or him. I would wager it's a trap."
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse Thu May 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Carry's eyes go a bit wide at the mention of Edith. "She survived? She's here in town? Why did she send him to come see if we were here? Why didn't she just come?" Carry turned to look at the newcomer, frowning.

"Demanding entry huh? Threatening to break into our home? Are you still a cub, or just stupid? I'm surprised Teela didn't rip you to shreds." Carry says, cracking her knuckles. "Now, how about a Howl of Introduction, right now, like it is supposed to be done."

Mouse
Nine Toes

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Speaks Thu May 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Teela laughs, "yea, come on birdie. Howl for us."
Mr Speaks
Mr Speaks
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWanderer Thu May 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Arcos swallowed hard. Howl of Introduction? Was she serious? "Just hold on a second- half of what she said isn't even true. I did make a joke about flying over the fence but I knew someone here would catch me and kill me... But yeah, you want me to howl?"

He remembered Edith mentioning something about a Howl of Introduction, but the Corax didn't have such a thing. After all, Corax don't need to tell other Corax who they are.

"How does that go again...? Name first... Then breed..." He murmured, his eyes shifting slightly, looking for an escape route. "Um... Arcos Adler "The Wanderer"... Corax... Um... Homid..." He paused, completely baffled, "Is any of this right so far? Edith didn't teach me how to howl while I was with her."

DarkWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse Thu May 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Carry remains silent for a long moment, looking Arcos up and down. Before long though, a smile cracks through her serious demeanor, and it all rolls downhill from there. Before long, she's laughing.

"Aww man.." she says after a few moments. "That was...just, wow. A bird howling. Oh jeez."

She takes a few deep breaths, calming herself a bit, before continuing. "Alright Arcos, I'm Carry Johnson, rited "Speaks with Stars". Adren, metis, Galliard of the Bone Gnawers. Now my next question is, why didn't Edith just come back herself?"

Mouse
Nine Toes

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWanderer Thu May 16, 2013 4:56 pm

He was finally able to relax, even allowing himself to laugh a little bit with her. After all, it was a pretty funny notion in itself. Galliards were fine by him too, so that was a plus. Bone Gnawers were a different story though...

"Oh, that one's easy; She thinks you're all dead. Eventually she'll come looking for me, but I told her I'd scout out the area too make sure this place wasn't crawling with the minions of the Wyrm. Luckily it's not. Nice place you guys got out here. Plenty of trees..."

DarkWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse Thu May 16, 2013 5:01 pm

"We thought the same of her until you showed up." Carry points out, leaning down to close her guitar case and locking it. She picked it up, and slung the strap over her shoulder. "Where is she?"

Mouse
Nine Toes

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWanderer Thu May 16, 2013 5:13 pm

His eyes were still swiveling around to gaze at all the nature around him as he spoke. "At our hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott. By the airport. Not far really."

He snapped his head in her direction to meet her gaze. "I can go get her if you want," he added eagerly.

DarkWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum